Welcome to Number Eight
We are a couple run, small, intimate and relaxed fine dining restaurant which is situated down a quiet backstreet just off the quay in Bideford. Our aim is to create a dining experience with ever changing seasonal menus. Upon arrival you will be greeted by Chloe who will provide you with welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable hosting. With Joshua behind the stove cooking up tasting menus using the best local produce sourced from the South West to create exciting and passionate dishes. With 30 plus years experience between us, working in well known restaurants around the Cornish coast gaining experience and skills, we have now decided to spread our wings and express ourselves and show the passion we have for food and service. We look forward to welcoming you to dine with us soon!
We create delicious experiences
Monday – closed
Tuesday – closed
Wednesday – closed
Thursday – open from 6.30pm
Friday – open from 6.30pm
Saturday – open from 6.30pm
Sunday – open from 6.30pm
What our diners had to say
What an amazing place. The service was excellent the food out of this world and the restaurant perfect.
Excellent restaurant, beautiful food. You won't find the days menu online as they source local seasonal food. My taste buds were tingling. Ideal for couples.
Make a Reservation
We don’t have an online booking system as we like to deal with each customer on a personal level. Contact us via email to get yourself booked in.
- We offer a 7 course tasting menu only at £65 per person
- Bookings will be available at 6.30pm, 7.00pm and 7.30pm
- We will require a deposit of £25 per person to secure your booking
- Deposits are non refundable if less than 48 hours notice is given to cancel the booking
- We have covid 19 precautions in place which you must follow
- Sadly we don’t accept children under the age of 7
- Due to the size of the restaurant unfortunately we don’t accept dogs